We’ve ALL been there. We have something in our minds that we want to do but fear is holding us back! Whether it is starting a new fitness program, a new way of eating, or starting a business… These tips will apply to you. Right now!
1. Get the support of your spouse, family, friends. Explain to them what you want to do. Tell them you need their help and how they can help. The people who love and care about your happiness will do everything they can to help you be successful. It might be something very simple like asking your spouse to watch after the kids for an hour per day or help more with the household.
2. Realize that fear is not real. What is the worst thing that could possibly happen if you try and don’t reach your goal? Not much probably. Or you try again. Part of life is trying and then trying again. Don’t give up just because of this imaginary thing called fear. Or worse yet, if you haven’t even tried to begin because you already told yourself that you are a failure. Fear is self imposed and you can squash that out at any time you choose.
3. Positive self talk. Create a mantra or motto that motivates you. Say it every day out loud. Write it on the mirror in your bathroom. Maybe it is as simple as ‘I will succeed’! Or ‘I am strong, I am powerful’! Your mind believes what you tell it. So tell your mind positive things.
4. Get over yourself. I’m sorry to say it this way but it’s just to get your attention. Most people walk around through life looking to be inspired. We scroll through the Facebook looking and looking. Don’t be that person. BE THE INSPIRATION. Everyone is so busy and concerned about what others think about them that they shut down. Here’s a newsflash: who cares? Who cares what other people think? If you love it and are passionate, then do not let anyone stand in your way. You just be YOU and get it done.
5. Do not set limitations in your mind. Think BIG. Write it down. It’s just a daydream until you put pen to paper and start making some goals. You are NOT too old. You are NOT too weak. You are NOT too anything. You can do it. I believe in you.
What other tips can you add to this list? Write it in the comments.
What in the world is a FOOD MACGUYVER??
A food MacGuyver is someone who can find something HEALTHFUL to eat in any situation. Food is enjoyable, yes... but we also need it to live a healthy lifestyle. Want to get my 5 food hacks to become a FOOD MacGuyver? Enter your information and click on the button to get your FREE eBook!