I have heard this so many times. “I’m going to delete my Facebook or my Instagram” or “I need a break from social media” or “if you’re reading this right now you made the cut” (referring to the unfriending process). I’ve also heard that Facebook makes people sad and depressed.
In the past, I have taken a break from Facebook too. I had to figure out what worked for me.
Social media should be FUN! A cool way to connect with people you haven’t seen in a long time and to meet new friends. A way to learn new things.
Here’s a couple of things that worked for me that might help you put the FUN back into it for YOU!
1. Use the UNFOLLOW. You remain friends with the person but no longer see their updates. Maybe the person is super negative all the time and it drags you down? Unfollow.
2. Follow people or pages that inspire you. When you fill your brain with positivity it’s hard to be sad. Do you like the outdoors? Or dogs? Or sunsets? Or daily inspirational quotes? There’s a page for literally everything.
3. Quit the mindless scroll through the newsfeed. You probably have 5-10 people or pages that interest you. Go to those pages and then be done for the day.
4. Don’t compare yourself to others. You are awesome. They are awesome. It’s not a ‘who’s got the best Facebook life’ competition at all. People just sharing thoughts and ideas. No biggie. Don’t sweat it.
5. Unfriend if needed. If there is someone always commenting negatively on your page. Then definitely, unfriend. You don’t need that in your life.
6. Do your part. There is so much negativity in the world. Let’s make it a better place on social media by posting cool, awesome, funny, interesting, or thought provoking stuff. Leave a nice comment on someone’s status update. Or send someone a nice message. I’m sure it would make their day a little brighter!
What in the world is a FOOD MACGUYVER??
A food MacGuyver is someone who can find something HEALTHFUL to eat in any situation. Food is enjoyable, yes... but we also need it to live a healthy lifestyle. Want to get my 5 food hacks to become a FOOD MacGuyver? Enter your information and click on the button to get your FREE eBook!