I cannot STAND looking at these old pictures. It bugs me. So unhappy. I was around 215 or 220 pounds? Not exactly sure since I dread the scale. Clothes shopping was pretty much out of the question. If I needed something then I would find something that would cover me up completely. It was a struggle.
Should I wear something tight fitting so I didn’t make myself look bigger than I actually was? Should I wear something loose fitting so I felt more comfortable so people could not see my body?
I would fill my closet with shoes and accessories instead. Retail therapy in an attempt to make myself feel better.
Hanging out with smaller sized people made me feel like a giant. Even though I’m only 5’6″.
I know this mindset is not the case for everyone. If it’s not you, I would be very happy for you. Because living in this way was the worst.
I know what it’s like to be a beginner. So I thought I’d share 5 things that might help.
1. Skip all of the destructive ways of losing weight. No pills, wraps, surgery, laxatives, or starving yourself.
2. Focus HARD on food. No sugar, no grains, no alcohol. Eat mostly vegetables, moderate protein, healthy fat, Limited fruit and limited dairy. Try to drink close to a gallon of water per day.
3. For fitness just do what you CAN. Being overweight myself I know how hard it is. Push-ups are next to impossible at first. Do them on your knees. Modify the heck out of the exercise! Or if it’s an hour workout, do 5 minutes and tomorrow 10 minutes, the next day 15 minutes, etc.
4. Get a support system. It can be a friend, neighbor, spouse, sibling. Find someone who you can count on.
5. Don’t give up. Remember EVERYONE starts as a beginner.
What in the world is a FOOD MACGUYVER??
A food MacGuyver is someone who can find something HEALTHFUL to eat in any situation. Food is enjoyable, yes... but we also need it to live a healthy lifestyle. Want to get my 5 food hacks to become a FOOD MacGuyver? Enter your information and click on the button to get your FREE eBook!