It seems like we are very good at pointing out all of the bad, negative, awful things about ourselves. “I ate a whole pizza, I suck”. Or “I didn’t get my workout in for 3 days, I’m lazy”. Or “I am fat”. Or “I don’t look as good as so-and-so”.
It’s so so freakin SAD!!!
How about instead of all the negative comments you make to yourself, flip it around. Tell yourself all the SMALL OR BIG WINS you have every day. Write them down on a piece of paper.
1. I drank a lot of water today and no pop
2. I had one really good meal today with a lot of vegetables
3. I worked out for 10 minutes
4. I went for a walk in the woods with my dog or my spouse
5. I played with my kids
6. I was a good friend today
7. I read a very encouraging book and it expanded my mind
8. I volunteered for a good cause today
9. I did some meditation
10. I didn’t weigh myself today because the scale doesn’t define me
11. I took a long, hot bath and spoiled myself
12. I went on a date with my significant other and we talked about life
13. I helped someone at the grocery store with their bags
14. I went grocery shopping and got mostly vegetables
15. I got myself some new workout clothes so I can feel awesome
16. I took a nap
17. I passed on the french fries and got a salad instead
18. I helped walk the dogs at an animal shelter
19. I called my mom to tell her I love her
20. I sat outside in the sun for some vitamin D
Your brain will start to believe what you tell it. Tell it all the good things no matter how small it may seem. Not everyday is going to be full out rockstar status and that’s ok!
What good things did you tell yourself today?
What in the world is a FOOD MACGUYVER??
A food MacGuyver is someone who can find something HEALTHFUL to eat in any situation. Food is enjoyable, yes... but we also need it to live a healthy lifestyle. Want to get my 5 food hacks to become a FOOD MacGuyver? Enter your information and click on the button to get your FREE eBook!