“Busy” is a word we are all familiar with these days. It seems like we are running from here to there, juggling all the balls in the air and barely holding it together mentally.
We have kids who play sports, plus a full time job, plus the house is a wreck, and your significant other would like to spend some time with you at some point this month!!! Sound familiar?
So how do you get all this done and still have time for yourself? Here are some ideas. Let me know if there’s a tip you would add…. let’s help eachother!
- Take inventory of all the things you’re doing in a day. Is there something you can remove from your plate? Do it. I was spending about 2 hours per day playing candy crush. Ha. Not kidding. I quit that and all of a sudden I had 2 more hours available in my day!!
- Can you move some of your responsibilities to someone else? For instance, can you get some help from your family around the house? Can you hire a house cleaner 1 day per week? Or per month? Can you hire someone to do your grocery shopping? Make a list of items and hire a high school student.
- Wake up 30 minutes earlier. You can get a REALLY good workout in in a short amount of time. Get it done in the morning… you’ll feel accomplished, energized, and you’re set for the day!
- The crock pot is your best friend. Cook your protein while you’re at work all day. Your dinner will be waiting for you when you get home. All you have to do is add some vegetables and you have a perfect meal. Produce going bad in your fridge all the time? Get frozen vegetables. Grocery shop 1 day per week with your LIST of meals that you’ll have for the week. Batch processing this way will help save you time (avoiding multiple trips to and from the grocery store).
- Have a master calendar. To keep everything straight in your life and the lives of your families you will need a master calendar that everyone can see and work from week by week. And yes, schedule your workout. And your date night with your sweetie.
- Make a list. Every night before you go to bed make a list of things you MUST get done the next day. It’ll help you sleep better because you don’t need to run through the list in your head and you can get a good night sleep. The day off, cross those things off the list one by one.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect. Sometimes the perfectionist in us drives us mad. Sometimes done is good enough. And don’t sweat the small stuff that doesn’t actually matter. If the laundry sits in the basket one more day it’s not the end of the world. Spending time with your loved ones IS important, more important than laundry.
- Keep in mind that if you are not healthy you cannot help your family to the best of your abilities. You really MUST take care of YOU first. Feeding your body good WHOLE food, getting enough sleep and exercising for 30 minutes per day IS critical. Make sure your significant other understands WHY you need to do it so they can support you.
What in the world is a FOOD MACGUYVER??
A food MacGuyver is someone who can find something HEALTHFUL to eat in any situation. Food is enjoyable, yes... but we also need it to live a healthy lifestyle. Want to get my 5 food hacks to become a FOOD MacGuyver? Enter your information and click on the button to get your FREE eBook!