I had a friend ask me the other day “but how do you stop yourself from eating a whole tub of Top The Tater with chips?”
This really got me thinking… I really stopped to ponder: HOW I ACTUALLY do it. Are some days easier than others, SURE! So what did I do mentally to make the shift? Because, keep in mind, I was a food and alcohol abuser… Completely addicted.
So here are 5 things that I think will help:
- I realized how GOOD I can actually feel and want to stay that way. When I eat junk, I feel like junk. I didn’t even realize how BAD it was making me feel because I was used to being tired, sluggish, and irritable. You really start to just expect to feel like shit everyday because that is the NORM. Does that make sense?
- I have a whole team of peeps counting on me. It is very easy to let ourselves down when no one is looking out for you. This support system is KEY for me (A former junk food binger).
- I have goals I am trying to accomplish. No, not to be a size zero… because that is not really living for me anyways. I want to LIVE my life. I don’t want to live on chicken breast and broccoli ‘er day. No thanks. HARD PASS. The goal I do have is to have energy, be confident in my own skin, to feel alive.
- I make a deal with myself. I eat no sugar, no grains, no legumes, limited dairy and limited fruit (lower carb, higher fat, moderate protein) MOST of the time. Then I have pizza and beer and a sandwich on the weekend.
- I have changed my mindset. Having energy, feeling happy/confident, little to no PMS symptoms, no cysts on my body and face is important to me. Also, the pizza, sandwiches and cheesecake will still be available at a later time. There is no shortage in the world.
I hope this helps…. If you have any other tips can you share them? The only way we can help each other is if we share.
Peace, love and bacon….. <3
What in the world is a FOOD MACGUYVER??
A food MacGuyver is someone who can find something HEALTHFUL to eat in any situation. Food is enjoyable, yes... but we also need it to live a healthy lifestyle. Want to get my 5 food hacks to become a FOOD MacGuyver? Enter your information and click on the button to get your FREE eBook!