July 4th celebrations are almost underway! Can we share some ideas with eachother so we can have some healthy options within our reach?
Here are some ideas that I have, so please add to the list!!!
1. Grilled anything. Pork chops, shrimp, steak, hamburgers, chicken breast, fish, vegetables. Seasoned with no sugar added seasoning.
2. Asian chicken coleslaw. Coleslaw, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos, green onions, almond slices, sunflower seeds, grilled chicken.
3. Potato salad. 1 bag tricolor baby potatoes, 2 cups diced cabbage, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons mustard seeds, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup minced chives
4. Grilled zuchinni roll ups. Sliced thin zuchinni, 1 cup basil leaves, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, 1/2 cup olive oil, 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Grill the zuchinni. Throw the rest of the ingredients in a food processor to make a pesto. Spread the pesto on the zuchinni and roll it up. Hold it in place with a toothpick!
5. Cucumber salad. 4 Seeded chopped cucumbers, 2-4 garlic cloves minced, 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, 4-6 tablespoons minced fresh dill, 2 cups full fat unsweetened Greek yogurt, juice of 1-2 lemons, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper
What in the world is a FOOD MACGUYVER??
A food MacGuyver is someone who can find something HEALTHFUL to eat in any situation. Food is enjoyable, yes... but we also need it to live a healthy lifestyle. Want to get my 5 food hacks to become a FOOD MacGuyver? Enter your information and click on the button to get your FREE eBook!