Some things I’m doing in preparation for my 12 week beta test group. You can use this in your life for any upcoming challenge you are going to tackle.
1. Getting my mind right!!! Seriously, this is so important to set myself up for success. I will fully commit. I will not fail, even when it gets hard. There will be times when I might get crabby or have cravings. I know it will pass.
2. Evaluating my current habits. Pizza and beer Friday’s. And beer Wednesday’s. Or Thursdays. The point is….. being aware. Be aware of what changes I am going to need to make.
3. Setup reward check points. At milestone 3, 6, 9, and 12 I’m going to give myself a pat on the back with a reward. And no, the reward isn’t a cupcake or a pizza. You better believe there’s going to be a massage in there at some point!!!
4. Get plugged into a support group. Honestly, this challenge will not be easy so I’m going to need to have other people doing it with me. So that when I have a hard day and think “eff it!!!! Gimme all the pizza and beer”, I can lean on my buddies to talk me down off the ledge.
5. Really get clear on WHY. I am doing this for a few reasons…… to help the greater good, to challenge myself in new ways, to get out of bad habits I’ve picked up, to change my mind and body even more! It’s very exciting!
6. Start making tiny steps before start date. I am definitely not going to binge eat a bunch of sugary stuff or carb load myself to death because that is only going to make the transition and detox even WORSE!
7. Talk to my husband. I had a conversation with my husband about my plans so that he knows what’s up. And also, he even decided to join me. What a great guy!!!!
There you go!!!! Now you can face your challenges too!!! Wish me luck!!!!
What in the world is a FOOD MACGUYVER??
A food MacGuyver is someone who can find something HEALTHFUL to eat in any situation. Food is enjoyable, yes... but we also need it to live a healthy lifestyle. Want to get my 5 food hacks to become a FOOD MacGuyver? Enter your information and click on the button to get your FREE eBook!